Central emphasis: Love for one another characterizes Christians and is evidence of indwelling love and wisdom of God.
God and Christian love:
- Love is the embodiment (picture) of Truth
- –v.7a-Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God,..
- Love in action is consistent to its nature.
- v.7b.. and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
- Love is being nullified without an intention
- v.8-The one who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- 1 John 4:18-19(NASB)18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.19 We love, because He first loved us.