Joy Made In Heaven
LUKE 2:10 -But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you Good News of Great Joy which will be for all the people;
MAIN POINT: Joy defines a believer. Therefore , a believer must live a joyful life for the Joy of God.
What is Joy?
Joy. A happiness based on unchanging divine promises and eternal spiritual realities. It is the sense of well-being experienced by one who knows all is well between himself and the Lord (1 Pet. 1:8). Joy is not the result of favorable circumstances, and even occurs when those circumstances are the most painful and severe. Joy is a gift from God, and as such, believers are not to manufacture it but to delight in the blessing they already possess. (John 16:20–22).
The Commentary to the Galatians
- Joy Comes from the Heart of God.
- V.10a-But the Angel said to them…. A predetermined, precise all out perfect plan. He gave the best so the receiver will be full of joy.
- Joy Serves to Attest the Good News.
- V.10b I bring you Good News!...
- The good news is that a Savior was born. Here comes the Messiah-the prophecy has been fulfilled. Good news will always results to happiness. Gospel- is good news.
- Joy Reveals an Authentic Testimony.
- v.10c. Which will be for all the people…
- Christians are the only people on earth to exhibit authentic/real joy.
- James 1:2-4
Concluding Verse: Rejoice in the Lord Always; again I will say, Rejoice! Philippians 4:4