UBC Stewardship Month
Love expressed through giving
A heavenly perspective of wealth
- God Owns All Your Money
- God Enables You to Earn All
- God Made You His Steward Over His Money
"Matthew 6:33: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
Five ways to give that please God 2 Corinthians 8:1-4
Central Emphasis: Be grateful to God because He laid down what pleases Him so that He can bless us for our faithfulness.
“I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable,” – Acts 20:20
“I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.” – Acts 20:27
- You please God when you give even when overwhelmed with problems
And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2 Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Corinthians 8:1-2
- Sometimes God Uses Circumstances as Opportunities for Us to Learn and Grow
- When We Feel Overwhelmed By Circumstances, That is When We Most Need to Practice the Grace of Giving
- You please God when you give even though you are in extreme poverty
Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Corinthians 8:2
- Poverty – When You Just Don’t Have Enough to Meet All Your Expenses and Care for Those You Love Most
- Overflowing Joy – What We Can Learn?
“I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on.” Mark 12:43-44
- You please God when you give beyond your ability
- The Widow’s Offering - Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. – Psalm 34:9-10
- The New Christians Gave, Just Like the Widow, What They Could Afford to Give and What They Couldn’t Afford to Give!
- People Say They Just Aren’t Able to Give Right Now
- You please God when you give generously
- Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 2 Corinthians 8:2
- How did Paul Say They Gave?
- If You Were that Father, How Would You Feel About the Son?
- You please God when you give eagerly
“…they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.” – 2 Corinthians 8:4
- Sometimes People Are Looking for Reasons Not to Give to God’s Work Because They Don’t Understand the Privilege of Being Able to Give
- You Might Think the Macedonians Gave So Generously Because They Felt a Heavy Burden of Guilt
2 Corinthians 9:7 - Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.