MAIN IDEA: It is easy to make other priorities more important than doing God’s work. But God wants us to follow through and build up his kingdom.
- THE PROBLEM TO CORRECT (vv.1-2)
- 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “These people say, ‘The time has not yet come to rebuild the Lord’s house.’”
- THE PRIORITY TO CONSIDER (vv.3-6)
- 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?”
- THE PROJECT TO CONSTRUCT (vv.7-11)
- 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.