- December 1: Wonderful Counselor
- CENTRAL EMPHASIS: God wants us to walk with Him, for our lives to be guided by Him.
- December 8: Mighty God
- CENTRAL EMPHASIS: God wants us to walk with Him, for our lives to be empowered by Him.
- December 15: Everlasting Father
- CENTRAL EMPHASIS: God wants us to run to Him, for He is our Everlasting Father.
- Prince of Peace
- God wants us to remain in Him for the fulfillment of true peace.
Context -> Content -> Conclusion
- “For to us a child is born”- Humanity of Jesus
- “to us a son is given” – Divinity of Jesus
- “and the government will be on his shoulders” – Respectability of Jesus
- Isaiah 9:6: “… And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- Silent Night
Silent night, holy night,
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child!
Holy infant so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.
- Luke 2:14: “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
- The Prince of Peace?
- Matthew 10:34-36: 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.”
- THE NEED FOR SALVATION PEACE
- “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,”– Romans 5:1
- THE NEED FOR SELF PEACE
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” – John 14:1
- THE NEED FOR SOCIAL PEACE
- “14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.” – Hebrew 12:14-15
- THE NEED FOR “SECOND COMING” PEACE
- “So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.” – 2 Peter 3:14
By placing our trust in God – The Prince of Peace, we yearn for the day when every promise will be fulfilled. True peace is one of the best things we could ever have.